Expressions of Interest are invited for the position of Creative Producer, Salamanca Arts Centre.
Salamanca Arts Centre is seeking to appoint a Creative Producer
of our interdisciplinary arts program.
Established forty years ago Salamanca Arts Centre pursues a Vision to be locally valued and universally recognised for our support of artists and the development and presentation of new works of national significance.
Salamanca Arts Centre’s Purpose and Mission is to enable artists to create new works, to enable artistic entrepreneurism, and, through respect, guidance and inspiration, to foster connections between artists and audiences.
SAC is grateful to be one of the Australia Council’s Four-year Funded Organisations, with arts program support from 2017-2020 inclusive. Our curated multi-arts program includes visual arts, performing arts, and interdisciplinary arts, and we will continue to strive to develop and deliver an arts program that has a national and international reach.
Your EoI should address each of the Selection Criteria listed below, contain your CV (with relevant links), and include six referees, comprising two persons to whom you have reported in the past three years, two persons who have reported to you in the past three years, and two persons (external to your current employer) with whom you have collaborated in the past three years.
This is a fixed-term part-time employment contract, which will commence late 2017 or early 2018 and conclude in January 2019 but with an option to renew the contract for a further 24 months.
The successful applicant will satisfy the following key areas:
– be passionate about contemporary arts (in a variety of art forms, including visual, performing and interdisciplinary) and helping artists to achieve their potential.
– have direct experience in working across a variety of art forms and contexts.
– have direct experience with the processes required to plan, identify, develop, produce and present/install artworks in a variety of art venues, including galleries, theatres, and nontraditional spaces.
– have solid experience with artists’ professional development needs and programs, and a demonstrable ability to organise, produce and deliver a Professional Developmental component as part of SAC’s arts program and support of artists.
– have excellent networks across the contemporary arts sector.
– have relevant administration experience, well-developed budget and project management skills, winning grant-writing experience and effective communications and team-building skills.
– have educational qualifications in or relevant to the arts.
– have considerable experience working with/for an arts organisation.
– have experience with funding agencies and stakeholder communications and reporting.
– enjoy a reputation amongst one’s peers for being professional, respectful and working in a principled and ethical manner.
– have a vision for how to develop and deliver an arts program of national significance.
The position of Creative Producer is being offered at 0.8FTE (four days per week) and will be based in Hobart. To learn more about SAC, its programs, and what we have achieved so far, please view our website: www.sac.org.au
If you have experience in the key areas, as described, and are looking to take on this exciting and challenging role, you are strongly encouraged to contact Joe Bugden (firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain a Position Description and further information about this opportunity.
You will be asked to submit a formal Expression of Interest
by email to email@example.com
by 10am Monday 16th October 2017.
Image Credit: Nicole Robson