Are you a Production Manager, a Creative Producer with technical expertise, or a Theatre Technician interested in contributing to the Arts in Tasmania?
Salamanca Arts Centre is inviting expressions of interest from exceptional, committed arts-workers for current and future opportunities.
Salamanca Arts Centre (SAC) is Tasmania’s multi-arts creative hub and an integral part of the State’s arts and creative industries infrastructure. SAC is an engine room for art-making and presentation; a centre for artists and designers in-studios; home to many of Tasmania’s leading arts organisations across live performance (theatre, music, dance), film and writing; cultural and commercial galleries and studios for visual arts, crafts and design.
SAC connects Tasmanian arts, artists, audiences, and arts-based businesses with national and international audiences, peers and opportunities.
To be the arts engine-room for Tasmania, developing and promoting the contemporary expression of the arts through leadership, creativity, innovation and excellence. We are seeking to grow our pool of Production Managers, Creative Producers and Technicians to work with us on productions and community projects.
To be good fit for Salamanca Arts Centre, you will:
- Be an experienced all-rounder, with expertise across lighting, sound, staging, stage management and event management;
- Have at least 3 years of professional experience in the arts industry;
- Be an outstanding and mature communicator, with awareness of cultural differences in approaches to communication;
- Have great problem-solving ability, a sense of humour, and ability to stay cool in a crisis;
- Have a passion for the arts;
- Enjoy working in both outdoor environments and traditional performance and arts venues.
Please send a CV and one page cover letter outlining your interest in Salamanca Arts Centre to email@example.com by 5 pm on 21 March 2016.