Hybrid Artist Workshop in the Peacock Theatre.
Salamanca Arts Centre, HyPe, Tasmania Performs and Junction Arts Festival.
The Art of Risk and Challenge II is a practical, intensive 4-day cross-art form performance-making workshop, for practitioners working in any medium.
Facilitated by performance makers Martyn Coutts, Deborah Pollard and Ryk Goddard, The Art of Risk and Challenge II will focus on performance making, site-specificity, improvisation and working collaboratively within teams of diverse art-form practitioners. Participants will be encouraged to devise and present small inter-disciplinary projects as well as seed ideas for future works.
The Art of Risk and Challenge II is an opportunity to:
- Collaborate in new ways with diverse artists from different mediums
- Explore ways to devise and create hybrid performance and hybrid arts projects.
- Access critical evaluation, discussion and dialogue between peers, mentors, and professionals.
- Showcase new work ideas & develop short performance pieces.
- Take risks, to discuss and develop ideas in a shared mentoring-based environment.
The program will be delivered over two consecutive weekends. Workshop dates and times are:
- Saturday 14 & Sunday 15 January 2012 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Saturday 21 & Sunday 22 January 2012 10:00am – 6:00pm
Public Showing of works in progress:
Sunday 22 January 2012 @ 4:00pm
HyPe is an initiative of Salamanca Arts Centre to support the creation of innovative contemporary hybrid theatre in Tasmania, funded by the Australian Government through the Australia Council, its arts funding and advisory body, by Hobart City Council, and Arts Tasmania.
Image Credit: The Art of Risk and Challenge II