Emergence is a new program established by Salamanca Arts Centre to support Tasmanian based independent, experimental, by-youth, First Nations and community cultural development performing artists and screen artists. Performing and Screen arts can be theatre, dance, opera, experience, performance installation, music, hybrid performance art, performance art, performance poetry, narrative cinema, documentary etc.
This program will support artists in the first ten years of their professional career, collectives, companies or emerging groups in the production of new work. Preference will be given to new works or unique re-staging of pre-existing work that makes the work culturally relevant.
Emergence will also support performing and screen arts (at any stage of their career) in the production of experimental work.
Each year Emergence artists will receive:
- Four weeks of rehearsal hire for free.
- Two weeks of performance/ presentation time in either the Peacock theatre, Founders Room, Long Gallery or Courtyard.
- Recipients will receive 20 hours of dramaturgical support.
- Recipients will take part an induction workshop.
- Five hours of mentoring in producing, five hours of marketing support and technical support in production week.
We encourage successful applicants to apply for Arts Tasmania funding and have set up the application process to mirror the Arts Tasmania process to make this process easier for applicants. Successful applicants will be included in Salamanca Arts Centre’s annual program.
If you need assistance with your application, please contact Lucien Simon, Performing Arts Program, firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for emergence, go to: https://form.jotform.com/211540863639055
Applications are open now and close 5pm, 28 June 2021
Terms and Conditions:
- Successful applicants will be included in Salamanca Arts Centre’s annual program.
- Salamanca Arts Centre will run the ticketing for all events that are part of the program.
- 80% of door sales will go to the applicant and 20% of the door sales will be go to Salamanca Arts Centre. Note; Booking fees and costs are on top of door sales.
- To be eligible for emergence you need to be based in Tasmania (for at least six months) or, if applying as a group/organisation a majority of members need to be based in Tasmania (for at least six months).
- Applications will be assessed by Salamanca Arts Centre staff for inclusion in Salamanca Arts Centre’s annual program.
Image credit: IHOS’s Kimisis – Falling Asleep
Photo: Lucia Rossi