A program for Experimental and Emerging Performance Makers
Applications now closing 5pm, 10 June 2022
APPLY HERE FOR THE 2023 EMERGENCE PROGRAM
EMERGENCE is a new program which this year supported presentation of three new works and the creative development of a fourth. In January Re: Group presented their live cinema work COIL as part of Mona Foma, in April EMERGENCE supported the Hobart Festival of Improvised Theatre and later this year we will present a new cabaret performance by MIETTES.
Salamanca Arts Centre are invested in supporting and nurturing a healthy and active independent performing arts community.
This program will support:
- Artists (first five years of their professional career), collectives, companies or groups (less than 5 years) in the production of a new work. Preference will be given to new works or unique re-staging’s of pre-existing work that makes the work culturally relevant.
- Performing artists (at any stage of their career) in the production of experimental performing arts work.
Four EMERGENCE artists will receive:
- Four weeks of rehearsal hire for free
- One weeks of performance/presentation time in either the Peacock Theatre, Founders Room or The Courtyard
- 20 hours of dramaturgical support
- Five hours of producing support
- Five hours of marketing support
- Five hours technical support in production week
- A photographer will be assigned to capture the work for promotional needs
Terms and Conditions:
- 20% of the door sales will be shared with Salamanca Arts Centre.
- Projects will be marketed as part of the Salamanca Arts Centre’s Annual Program.
- To be eligible for emergence you need to be based in Tasmania (for at least six months) or, if applying as a group/organisation a majority of members need to be based in Tasmania (for at least six months). Please only submit this form if you are eligible.
- Applications will be assessed by Salamanca Arts Centre staff for inclusion in Salamanca Arts Centre’s 2023 annual program.
If you have any questions or queries regarding this form or the application process please email Lucien Simon, Performing Arts Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 6234 8414
Applications are now open and close 5pm, 10 June 2022
2022 EMERGENCE ARTISTS
These four selected artists/collectives will form part of the performing arts program in 2022.
RE:GROUP PERFORMANCE COLLECTIVE
LPA® (LES PETITES ANNONCES)
PRACTITIONERS OF THE EPHEMERAL ARTS
Keep an eye out for more information and learn more about the artists below!
Salamanca Arts Centre’s EMERGENCE Program is supported by the Commonwealth Government’s Office of the Arts via the RISE Fund.