In early 2019, Salamanca Arts Centre and DADAA formed a five year partnership focused on Arts and Disability practice, sector development and production. The partnership has been formed around the question that they want to explore across the partnership activity:
What does Disability led practice really look like?
- What are the big issues for Tasmanian Arts and Disability over the next five years that you think we should be focused upon?
- What resources and capacity for Arts and Disability, does Tasmania need?
- Where to feel we should apply the projects’ resources?
- Who in Tasmanian Arts and Disability should the project’s focus be upon?
- Disability Arts practice leads our collaboration and partnership activity
- Artists with disability and the Artistic workforces around them sit at the core of our partnership
- Apply our partnership resources as generative scaffolds, too inclusively connect our sector.
- Holding the Disability Arts sectors in TAS and WA together
Who’s it For?
Tasmanian Artists with Disabilities, Tasmanian Arts, CACD and Arts and Disability sector, Local Governments supporting Arts and Disability programs, Artsworkers working in Arts and Disability, Arts and Disability organisations’ Board Members.
Friday 9 August 2019
10:00am – 2:00pm
10:00am – 10:15am : Introduction and Welcome – Emma Porteus (SAC) and David Doyle (DADAA)
10:15am – 10:30am : State Context – Carol Wish Wilson
10:30am – 12:00pm : Facilitated Discussion about challenges and opportunities faced by the sector
12:00pm – 1:00pm : Catered Lunch – we will hopefully be joined by the Arts Ministers Elise Archer and Disability Minister Jacquie Petrusma, their advisors, Arts Tasmania and local government.
1:00pm – 2:00pm : Sector Feedback – Facilitated by Carol Wish Wilson
UTAS Inveresk, Lecture Theatre 181*
2 Invermay Road
Launceston TAS 7248
*Building A, immediately next to the QVMAG with the yellow lightning bolt sculpture on the front lawn. Lecture Theatre 181 is halfway down the ground floor on the right-hand side after the Gallery.
This is a FREE EVENT, but Registration is ESSENTIAL
Register ONLINE HERE by Monday 29 July 2019
Can I get support to attend?
Arts Tasmania have supported this event, to ensure that the Tasmanian Arts and Disability Sector can come together and inform the program – CAR POOLING IS ENCOURAGED!! People who have spare seats in their cars will post HERE on the facebook event.
Salamanca Arts Centre are managing travel subsidies, based on a reimbursement model. You can provide a petrol receipt or bus ticket and be reimbursed. Please address all travel enquires to Emma Porteus at firstname.lastname@example.org.